We are now accepting bookings for the 2018/19 school year. Starting at only $5+GST
Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame Education Programs offer students the opportunity to experience the museum’s 12 galleries, try over 50 hands-on interactive activities (from wheelchair racing to sports broadcasting), and watch the inspiring “Canada’s Greatest Sport Moments” film. Programs also include interactive tours and hands-on experiences with historical artefacts.
- Directed programming offered for students from Kindergarten to Grade 12 in a variety of subject areas
- Linked directly to the Alberta curriculum
- CBE certified - we have a signed Master Agreement with the CBE
- CSSD approved
- Each student will receive a free Literacy for Life book which includes a free admission to Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame (while supplies last)
- Programs in French may be available upon request
- Lunch space available upon request
- Half day education programs are offered Wednesday to Friday for a two hour duration in the morning or in the afternoon.
- Full day education programs run for 4-5 hours.
- Half Day - $5.00 + GST per student
- Full Day - $10.00 + GST per student
Education Program Information Packages:
- Teacher's Guide - Learning Through Sport Artefacts (Grades K-3)
- Teacher's Guide - Spectacular Sports Moments (Grades 4-6)
- Teacher's Guide - Art of Motion (Grades 5-6)
- Teacher's Guide - Science of Sport (Grades 6-9)
- Teacher's Guide - Shaping Our Identity (Grades 9-12)
If you are interested in booking your class into one of Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame’s Education Programs, please complete a Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame Education Program Booking Form and email it to [email protected] or fax to 403.776.1045.
Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame accepts cash, credit card (Visa and MasterCard), and cheques (made payable to: Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame).
Teachers & Parent Volunteers
Teacher and parent volunteers are admitted to Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame at no charge up to one teacher/parent volunteer for every five students. Parent volunteers must be 18 years or older. If additional aides or volunteers are required for special needs students, they will be admitted at no charge.
Full Day Program Options
Choose a full day program option or combine one of our 2 hour in-house programs offered for your morning then:
- Take a self-guided walk through the grounds of Canada Olympic Park.
- Craft your own afternoon experience! Choose from the following activities: Sketching, Journaling, Artefact Handling or Self-guided Exploration in the Galleries.
- Work with our Education Team to create a customized experience for you and your students.
Please contact the Manager, Education Programs at 403.776.1059 or email [email protected]