Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame Education Programs offer students the opportunity to experience the museum’s 12 galleries, try dozens of hands-on interactive activities (from wheelchair racing to sports broadcasting), and watch the inspiring “Canada’s Greatest Sport Moments” film. Programs also include interactive tours and hands-on experiences with historical artefacts.
- Directed programming offered for students from Kindergarten to Grade 12 in a variety of subject areas
- Linked directly to the Alberta curriculum
- CBE certified - we have a signed Master Agreement with the CBE
- CSSD approved
- Each student will receive a complimentary Literacy for Life book which includes a free admission to Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame (while supplies last)
- Programs in French may be available upon request
- Lunch space available upon request
Half day education programs are offered Wednesday to Friday for a two hour duration in the morning or in the afternoon.
Full day education programs run for 4-5 hours.
Half Day - $5.00 + GST per student
Full Day - $10.00 + GST per student
TEACHERS & PARENT VOLUNTEERS
Teacher and parent volunteers are admitted to Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame at no charge up to one teacher/parent volunteer for every five students. Parent volunteers must be 18 years or older. If additional aides or volunteers are required for special needs students, they will be admitted at no charge.
FULL DAY PROGRAM OPTIONS
Choose a full day program option or combine one of our 2 hour in-house programs offered for your morning then:
Take a self-guided walk through the grounds of Canada Olympic Park.
Craft your own afternoon experience! Choose from the following activities: Sketching, Journaling, Artefact Handling or Self-guided Exploration in the Galleries.
Work with our Education Team to create a customized experience for you and your students.
Please contact Katelyn Roughley, Manager, Education and Programming at 403.776.1059 or email email@example.com
Learning Through Sports Artefacts
Curriculum Connections: Social Studies and Language Arts
- Always wanted to hold an Olympic medal or torch? Have you ever seen Geta (sandal) skates? Experience sport artefacts from Canadian history like you never have before…outside of the glass cases!
Spectacular Sports Moments
Curriculum Connections: Social Studies, Language Arts
- With a focus on effective storytelling, this motivational tour shares the stories of Hall of Famers. Shared values, community involvement, inspirational stories…these Sport + Spirit Champions have it all!
(NEW! Starting in may 2020)
Curriculum Connections: physical education, social studies
Get inspired for 2020! Participate in interactive tours sharing the stories of top Olympic/Paralympic athletes and hands-on learning with teambuilding relays and Peach Basketball or Goal Ball!
(NEW! Starting in october 2019)
CURRICULUM CONNECTIONS: physical education, social studies
Experience sport in Canada before the Second World War to today…learn about trailblazing Hall of Famers who have worked towards inclusive and accessible sport throughout history.
Science of Sport
Curriculum Connections: Science
A fun, interactive tour that gets your students excited about science! Innovations, body mechanics, forms of energy, aerodynamics and advancements in safety…all through sport!
Shaping our Identity
Curriculum Connections: Social Studies
- Our multicultural society has created a rich sporting heritage and multifaceted identity. Learn about the remarkable stories and contributions to sport in Canada by diverse migrant and Canadian Hall of Famers.
Self-Guided and Custom Programs
We also offer customized tours for guides and scouts, senior groups, hockey teams and persons with special needs. Combined programming with WinSport can be coordinated upon request. Subject to the individual institutions’ availability.