Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame is seeking to hire a new Manager, Education and Programming.
The Manager, Education and Programming shall be responsible for the on-going development, execution and evaluation of in-house and Virtual Distance Learning education programs; group tours for seniors and youth at Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame. Programs will be delivered to all age groups.
Specific Duties of the position involve:
· Work with the Director, Exhibits and Programming to review education program goals and objectives, as well as, overall direction and priorities including meeting aggressive growth targets for increasing in-house and virtual youth participation.
· Assist in developing marketing strategies and coordinate marketing initiatives to advertise and promote education programs available. Ensure annual participation at Teacher’s Conventions and presenting Feature evenings.
· Identify new programming opportunities to reach new markets including the badge program, outreach programs to schools.
· Liaise with local and provincial school boards and regional and national community/sport organizations to create awareness of the education programs and develop other potential program groups.
· Book and schedule school programs, community associations and special groups requiring museum guide/tours, education programs. Produce metrics in order to evaluate attendance and performance objectives.
· Coordinate and deliver all programs including advanced preparation and follow up with group visits.
· Assess and modify (as required) existing Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame education programs through the development of participant feedback, teacher/leader reviews and surveys, etc.
· Develop new curriculum aligned education programs for presentation within Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame and for outreach opportunities as identified in annual strategic planning directions.
· Assist with other programming events related to new sponsorship opportunities as identified including monthly programs/events, and community outreach opportunities.
· Development and delivery of modules for the virtual distance learning programs. This initiative is being rolled out fully in 2018 through 2020.
· Connect with school boards and school divisions across Canada to build the database of teachers/educators to connect with regarding the virtual distance learning programs.
· Update and create new education policy and procedure documents as required.
· Conduct interviews with Honoured Members as required gathering valuable information for use in education programs.
· Hiring and overseeing the management of staff and volunteers related to the education area.
· Creating and managing the annual education budget in consultation with the Director of Finance.
· Attending monthly Leadership Team Meetings and provide written reports for Board of Governors meetings as requested.
· Facilitate the writing of annual grant applications including YCW, Canada Summer Jobs, STEP for all departments and managing the annual SCiP program.
· Assist with all annual events including the June Gala and induction dinner – Fall of each year.
Skills & Qualifications:
Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Education/Museology/History/Humanities/Sport Management or equivalent and have a minimum of three years related experience. Good organizational and administrative skills, ability to work well under pressure, independently and as part of a team environment.
· Highly developed verbal communication, presentation and customer service skills.
· Outgoing, polite and friendly; enjoy dealing with people of all ages and backgrounds.
· Solid understanding of the goals of museum interpretation and education.
· Ability to learn and retain historical and scientific information.
· Ability to accommodate multiple learning styles and present complex subjects to various audiences.
· Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently and with limited supervision.
· Ability to learn curricula and link museum content to curriculum in an audience appropriate way.
· Good working knowledge of all Microsoft systems and collections management databases is required.
· Ability to speak French is an asset.
· Experience with use of technology is a definite asset.
Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame
169 Canada Olympic Rd SW
Calgary, AB T3B 6B7
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Submit one document (cover letter and resume) via e-mail only by December 15, 2017 to the attention of: